Corona virus has been spreading over the last few weeks and is taking a deadly form. till now
Estimates are 40–70% of the population will be infected with the virus. That is obviously a large range, but we are still in the infancy of learning about this virus. Either way, it is going to be in the billions of people world wide over the next year or so. ESTIMATED COVID-19 MEAN INFECTION RATE- 2.5%, that is, the contagion rate at 2.5 new people on average being infected by each person already infected.
As it is everywhere on social media and several information online on how to protect yourself from contracting the Covid-19 virus, it is also important to share tips that we've gotten online about what to do In case you or somebody you know cotract the virus , how do you prepare for this should it happen to you or someone you know.
If you are concerned that you or someone you know may have COVID-19, below are steps to help protect your health and the health of others.
To Avoid Covid-19
What I have seen a lot of are recommendations for how to try to avoid getting coronavirus in the first place ,
• good hand washing
• personal hygiene
• social distancing
-- but what I have NOT seen a lot of is advice for what happens if you actually get it, which many of us will.
So as your friendly neighborhood Nurse let me make some suggestions:
If you get Covid-19
You basically just want to prepare as though you know you’re going to get a nasty respiratory bug, like bronchitis or pneumonia. You just have the foresight to know it might come your way!
Things you should actually buy ahead of time (not sure what the obsession with toilet paper is?):
• whatever your generic, mucus thinning cough medicine of choice is (check the label and make sure you're not doubling up on Paracetamol)
• Honey and lemon can work just as well!
• Vicks vaporub for your chest is also a great suggestion.
• a humidifier would be a good thing to buy and use in your room when you go to bed overnight. (You can also just turn the shower on hot and sit in the bathroom breathing in the steam).
• If you have a history of asthma and you have a prescription inhaler, make sure the one you have isn’t expired and refill it/get a new one if necessary.
• Meals This is also a good time to meal prep: make a big batch of your favorite soup to freeze and have on hand.
• Hydrate (drink!) hydrate, hydrate! Stock up on whatever your favorite clear fluids are to drink - though tap water is fine you may appreciate some variety!
• For symptom management and a fever over 38°c, take Paracetamol rather than Ibuprofen.
• Rest lots. You should not be leaving your house! Even if you are feeling better you may will still be infectious for fourteen days and older people and those with existing health conditions should be avoided!
• Wear gloves and a mask to avoid contaminating others in your house
• Isolate in your bedroom if not living alone, ask friends and family to leave supplies outside to avoid contact.
• Sanitize your bed linen and clothes frequently by washing and clean your bathroom with recommended sanitizers.
You DO NOT NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL unless you are having trouble breathing or your fever is very high (over 39°C) and unmanaged with meds.
90% of healthy adult cases thus far have been managed at home with basic rest/hydration/over-the-counter meds.
If you are worried or in distress or feel your symptoms are getting worse
Preexisting risks If you have a pre-existing lung condition (COPD, emphysema, lung cancer) or are on immunosuppressants, now is a great time to talk to your Doctor or specialist about what they would like you to do if you get sick.
Children- One major relief to you parents is that kids do VERY well with coronavirus— they usually bounce back in a few days (but they will still be infectious), Just use pediatric dosing .
Be calm and prepare rationally and everything will be fine.
This is to inform us all that the pH for corona virus varies from 5.5 to 8.5.
All we need to do, to beat corona virus, we need to take more of an alkaline foods that are above the above pH level of the Virus.
Some of which are:
Lemon - 9.9pH
Lime - 8.2pH
Avocado - 15.6pH
Garlic - 13.2pH
Mango - 8.7pH
Tangerine - 8.5pH
Pineapple - 12.7pH
Dandelion - 22.7pH
Orange - 9.2pH
How do you know you have coronavirus?
1. Itching in the throat,
2. Dry throat,
3. Dry cough.
4. High temperature
5. Shortness of breath
So where you notice these things quickly take warm water with lemon and drink.
Do not keep this information to yourself only. Pass it to all your family and friends.
Together we can be beat the virus . Stay safe.